Calculate! Mortgage Demo
An essential calculator for almost any financial website
- Updated February 2015 - version 4.1.2
- Fixed bug with Joomla 3.4 installations and installing the module after Joomla 3.3 update
- Fixed bug with disclaimer text not loading properly
- Update note: When updating existing versions please uninstall existing version first. Don't forget to backup any template modifications before you do!
- Supports AJAX and a better experience for your users.
- Credits can be removed via admin setting but it is always appreciated if you could leave it in place.
- All colors can be edited via the admin settings.
- If you like rounded corners, that is an available option as well.
- Sections can be turned on or off.
- Settings can be enabled or not.
- Default Loan Labels and Fees are configurable, and you can allow your users to edit them or not.
- A vertical or horizontal layout is available to better fit your site's needs.
- Amortization results can be inline or in a modal pop-up.
- If you choose a modal results view, your users can print them as well.
- Display supports a more responsive layout and will size better on various devices.
- Version 4.1 mod! Calculate the down payment by preset percent (not user editable).
- Version 4.1 mod! Display down payment in the summary.
- Version 4.1 bug fix: Class suffix not saving in the back end is corrected.
- Version 4.1 bug fix: When percent is not shown in form, it will not show in the summary.
Admin settings screenshots for Mortgage calculator version v4.0 (January 2014)
Setup notes for Calculate Mortgage in Joomla 3.2.x
Due to what appears to be a bug in Joomla (through at least version 3.2.1), the AJAX nature of this module will not work when you assign the module to a specific page. A simple work around for this (as displayed on this page) is as follows: on the module menu assignment tab, select on all pages except those selected and then assign it only to the desire menu options. Once the module is published you should not encounter any issues.
If you are running Joomla 3.x through 3.1.x please install the correct version of the calculator (the same as for version Joomla 2.5). The version displayed here supports Joomla 3.2.x only because it leverages the new com_ajax functionality available in those versions.